Welcome to the world of non-sequiters

This is where I ramble aimlessly on different topics as they strike my fancy. It's usually inane, sometimes depressing, but fun. A sneak peek into the inner cogs of my brain.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The other Tre's party...

It went great! For the first course, I sauteed mushrooms in the pan with butter, garlic, white wine, oregano, and turmeric. Then I got out some pre-made croissant dough, stuffed them with the mushroom mix, and made cool, yummy little pockets with them, and baked them.
For the second course, I made shitake mushroom risotto and I chopped up the stems of button mushrooms, and added the rest of the mushroom saute mix, and used that to stuff button mushroom caps, added mozzerella cheese on top, and broiled them to melt the cheese.
Third course: I sauteed mushrooms, achiote seasoning, and fresh cilantro in a pan with butter, and made really yummy mushroom fajitas. For dessert there was a rainbow cake, vanilla icecream, and fresh strawberries. It was very tiring, and unappreciated work, but I had fun, and learned some things about throwing parties. I was so exhausted afterwards, I just went next door and hung out for a bit, and then crashed. Tre really liked the mushroom dishes. Everytime I'd come out of the kitchen with a new plate of food, her eyes would get just a little bit bigger. Yay. Before she and Bobbi came to the party, Bobbi made her a dinner of lamb chops, sauteed portobella mushrooms, and salad. (I had to tell Bobbi how to cook them...in red wine, mint, and salt and pepper) So Tre was very satisfied, and that's what matters. This was the first good birthday she's had ever, because her parents are really horrible people. (They're Moonies...if that means anything to you...) So for the first time, she was surrounded by people she loves, and people that love her, and only want her to have a good time. Last night, she came over and had dinner with us again. I made breaded tender pork chops, au gratin potatoes, spring mixed salad with Italian dressing, and vanilla icecream for dessert. I'm glad that whenever she needs to escape from the wierdness of the moonies across the street, she can just come over to our house. Although she's only 16, she is one of the most mature people I've met, and she's really got her shit together. I'm really proud to be her friend.
So yeah, enough about Tre, I've been helping my science and art teachers at school with our school's garden, and it's been a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much I missed feeling the earth in my hands. It's really a spiritual experience that I don't think any of my fellow students understands. Chase, the cute guy at school (who I refer to as my "Tommy Gnosis" if you've ever seen Hedwig) doesn't even like getting "dirty" so he hates gardening. What a wussy. Update with the cutie Jesus freak at school: he's 17 and saving himself for marriage. While I'm pretty sure that won't last long, his opinions on important matters (like abortion, gay marriage, gays in general, and non-christians) are so far from mine, that the only thing he'd really be good for is booty call, and since he's "saving himself for marriage" and I sure as shit don't want to marry him, or anybody, he's pretty much useless and boring to me. He's now nothing more than eye candy. *le sigh* Oh well. I'll find my Mr.Rightnow soon enough. *le grin* I just thought of one of my favorite Eddie Izzard quotes: when he's talking about the British royals, and one of them asks "What do you do? A plumber? What on earth is that?" because yesterday, mum sent me an email that the queen met the guitarists from Queen, Led Zep, and other bands, and didn't know who they were. *snicker* So that's all for now, until I think up more inanities to say.
Whitney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home