Welcome to the world of non-sequiters

This is where I ramble aimlessly on different topics as they strike my fancy. It's usually inane, sometimes depressing, but fun. A sneak peek into the inner cogs of my brain.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Oh Sensibility...

Hello again. I just thought I'd start out with a nice art reference. You should check out Dali's Oh Sensibility. It's a parody on many "Leda and the Swan" paintings. I don't exactly know why I chose to start with that today, just did. So there. Right now, my left hip hurts. It has been all day. I think I'll go take some Ibuprofen. There, I took some. I'll feel better soon. I think I just wierded out one of the new students in my class with a non-sequiter. Then I had to explain what a non-sequiter meant. *sigh* What is youth coming to when they don't even know what a non-sequiter is? My teacher is helping me try to set up an internship with Whole Foods at Sixth and Lamar, so I can possibly be the liason between my school and them. That would be neat, kinda like getting my foot in the door, so to speak. Mom sent me an e-mail telling me about this "Not a Damn Dime" Day. As in: on the day of the Inaugeration (Today), in response for no one standing up to the president, or some such rot, it's a boycott of all evil consumerism. The idea is to get a bunch of people to not spend any money for an entire 24 hours. Chello! Good luck! Americans are a group of consumer whores. (Hey, I include myself in that) Wow, I sound bitchy... time to switch to a new topic:
What I did yesterday:
My art teacher, Paul kidnapped Morgan and I and took us to help us run errands. First we headed over to Armadillo Clay to pick up some Hydrocal and Plaster. On the way we stopped by this bike shop on First street called Bud's because Paul has a bike, and we had some extra time, so we stopped, and then I realised that it was the same bike shop that my next door neighbor, Josh worked at. (Josh is hot, by the way) So we went in to look at the bikes, I asked if Josh was there, he was, so we went in the back of the shop to say hi. One of his co-workers announced our presence with a lovely "Hey Josh, your fan club is here." Well let me tell you, I felt special. When he saw us, he said, "Oh God." not in a nice way, more like an exasperated way. *hangs head in shame* Let's forget about that, Shall we?
So after that humiliation, we went over to Armadillo Clay, and guess what! They have a huge cat that lives there named Tucker. He's 18lbs. and he's really sweet. He also knows tricks. We petted him for a long time, so by the time we had to go, he was a purring, fluffy, drooly lump. He was cute. They also had really awesome Raku glazing books, pressed glass books, and (maximum droolage) enameled jewelry and metalworking books. Excuse me: Droooooooooooool.
Mmmmm, jewelry making, Mmmmm. As I was saying, then we went to this hardwood store called Hogan's where they had (what are the odds) hardwood. They even had mahogany and purplehart. Although, as neat as it was, it made me sad for the environment, since hardwood trees can't be replaced quickly enough. *moment of silence for the trees that will never be replaced* Shit, I gotta go to my next class. I'll write more tomorrow.
Whitney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home