Fantasies of oriental boudoirs dancing in my head...
Today I'm wearing an Indian/Batik sort of patterned skirt with a very middle-eastern inspired makeup design. I'm in the mood for some Indian or Persian food. *drool* I love middle eastern cuisine and decor. It's funny, since I always match my clothes (yay OCD) but my room is sort of hodge-podge middle eastern, eastern, brightly colored randomly decorated. I have this divine sari cloth that I got at Goodwill for $7. It's really pretty. Imagine goldenrod colored, with a red/orange band along the edge, with REAL silver embroidery. I think I'm going to turn it into a bed canopy. I've got this stunning paper parasol with purple orchids painted on it as a lamp in one corner of my room (I put x-mas lights inside it) I've collected quite a bit of pretty paper lanterns that I plan to hang around my room. Then I've got this really pretty batiked cloth over my window and generally an oriental sort of appeal. I imagine that when I have my own house it will be decorated Chinese opium den style. All rich colors and textures, and fainting couches everywhere. Low lighting, incense burning, brocades, velvets, and satin everythings. Designed for comfort and titilation of the senses. A boudoir if you will. As you can see, I have quite a rich fantasy life. Alas, my hope is that I can save money quickly in the Coast Guard, so when I eventually get out, I can make a down payment on a house, (in Austin of course, I could live no place else) but then I will also travel the world soaking up multicultural cuisines, and collecting neat foreign decorations for my house...yay!!! That's all for now,
Whitney
Whitney


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home